Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jim and Ann's Wedding - Second Shooting with the Incredible Nate Mathai

Nate Mathai.
He's a photographer.  Of the insanely talented persuasion.  And he's so incredibly kind.  So when I was given the opportunity to second shoot for him at a wedding...well, let's just say I was excited.
Then I met the groom's family.
And I fell in LOVE.
With their graciousness, with their hilarity, with their details, their beauty, their rituals and their INCREDIBLE food.
And I kept looking around thinking how unbelievably grateful I was to be there, capturing this amazing couple, working with this awesome photographer and spending time with these precious people.

So without further ado, here are some of the beautiful moments that I was welcomed into...  (and to see more [especially more pictures of the beautiful bride] go to Nate's post HERE.


Meet the handsome, oh-so-gracious and completely in love with his bride, groom.

His attire for the day

Okay, I love this picture.  This is the groom's dad carefully placing some of the gifts for his daughter-in-law (which are a part of their ceremony) back into their special case.  As I watched the tenderness with which he handled these gifts, I held back tears as I saw how much he already loves her.

Oh these groomsmen.  They were the BEST.  I'm pretty sure I was doubled over laughing anytime they were around.

And yes, they have a serious side, too.

So...as I learned, Indian ceremonies are full of beautiful traditions.  Ways to stop and honor family and friends, opportunities to fully enter into the story of this day, and space to really experience the community around you.  The following pictures capture different moments from some of those traditions.  (which were so meaningful and inspiring)  One such tradition has his closest friends and family do one part of getting him dressed.  These are his brothers attaching his cuff links.

This is his mom.  Whom I adore.  Right after she had buttoned his vest.  Words cannot express how precious this lady is...  Or how much I love this picture.



Their saris?  Stunning.  (And can we just note how adorable this little girl is?!?)

A time of prayer asking for God's blessing upon the couple.



At this point I was holding back tears.  His parents are so wonderful.


Jim and his dad.  These are two incredible men.

The groomsmen praying for Jim right before the ceremony. 



Jim's face as he saw Ann walk down the aisle.   And as you'll see - she is stunning.

The church.

Though it was beautiful, it was a longer ceremony.  One little guy couldn't quite make it through...


The colors were stunning.

After the ceremony, Nate took the family portraits while I took little detail shots.  Like this...
This expression?  Made my day.




About to make their exit from the church...




Their reception was held at Drury Lane.  The details?  So pretty.  I was able to take these while Nate was capturing incredible pictures of the bridal party...

And there's Nate himself...  Have I mentioned that he's great?



So another favorite part of their wedding day?  Family and friends prepare dances for the bride and groom to open up the dance floor.
Let's just say the dances were pure awesome-ness.
These guys brought it.
And you MUST check out Nate's post for more unbelievable shots...

And then the dancing began.  (PS: they had some of the most incredible emcee's ever)
Side note: can you tell these guys are brothers?


Thank you again to Nate Mathai for letting me work with you.  It was an honor.  And congratulations to Jim and Ann!  I loved being a part of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment