Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Letters

I got an email from a precious friend who found out a dream of hers was denied.
At least for this moment.
She beautifully and honestly put her grief out there.  And asked for prayer.
And so I wrote back.
And as weird as it sounds...I just felt like I should share my response.  I felt like somehow...someone out there might just happen across this and maybe, just maybe, God had something to say to them.  Or maybe I'm wrong.  Oh well, I'll take the risk.  So...here:

Okay.
I could write really annoying Christian-isms that may not even be Christian at all and would just suck. Like that whole "When God closes a door, He opens a window."
But you know what?
That's crap.
Right now it hurts.
It's maddening.
And there are likely a whole host of emotions and thoughts (some potentially not true - especially if they insult your worth.) running through your heart and mind.
My prayer?
That even in this you could turn and put it all out there with God. That you could go ahead and be upset and that you could cry and that in those moments you would be able to feel and visualize Him holding you. Maybe He has things to say, maybe He just knows you need to be held. And maybe He sings over you instead of you singing in that moment.
I don't know what it looks like exactly.
But I'm praying it happens.
And that you don't run from it.
And that you don't hold back how you're feeling.
And that you don't disguise why you feel that way.
But that you can fully put yourself out there.
And that somehow in the midst of it all...maybe in a couple of days or in that very moment you'd have hope again.
I know it's crazy.  But I've seen Him do it.  He's doing it in me.

Love,
Me

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful heart. What a beautiful visual, and what a mature response.

    I somehow came across your blog trying to look for different website templates, and just got blessed.

    Just thought you should know that you are reaching to people out here that you don't even know.

    Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete