Monday, June 21, 2010

Dreams. And the people who entertain them



I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of wetting my pants as I typed in the numbers.
Palms sweaty?  Check.
Stomach doing back-flips?  Check.
High possibility of voice cracking like I was in the middle of puberty due to extreme amounts of nervousness?  Check.

Two days before, I knew.  I woke up and I just knew that I was supposed to be a wedding and lifetsyle photographer.  I giggled.  And I was giddy.  And I had no idea on how to get from "here" (where I was) to "there".  But I figured it actually involved taking pictures of people.
And then it dawned on me.  My brother-in-law and future sister-in-law are gorgeous.  And engaged.  And I could call them and ask them to let me take some pictures.
It's just actually admitting my crazy dream to anyone operating in the rest of the world made my insides quiver.
Details...
So, I called her.  And I told her.  And I'm pretty sure I managed to start five sentences I never finished because that's what I do when I'm excited and nervous.
And what did she say?
Yes.  They'd love to.  And they weren't going to get a back-up photographer for their engagement pics.

I'm not sure if I ever told them, but I cried when I got off the phone with them.  Because for some reason, they were gracious enough to believe in me.  Even when I hadn't given them a reason to.  They were willing to jump into the madness of my dreams and give me courage.  The love and support they showed me and have continued to show me during this entire year of pursuing this dream still brings tears to my eyes.
And I'm forever grateful for that.

Since that first photo shoot I've learned a lot.  And I've got a better camera and lens.  And I'm not quite so afraid to be me.  So we did an update.  Because basically I'll take any excuse to hang out with them.  They are just that wonderful.

Now you can see why...


Oh how I love this...


Kristen, you are fierce.  And GORGEOUS.







This makes me SOOOOOO happy.  You two could not be more precious.  And yes, Chad, I totally just called you precious on the internet.  My apologies.


I just squealed.















Kristen.  Holy. cow.

Chad, you totally rock.  You seriously brought it.

Could not resist...  Long story, but they will appreciate it.

When Chad proposed, he had placed a fortune cookie inside of this box.  The fortune (right in front of it) reads "Kristen, will you marry me."  Yeah, he's got mad skills.






I love you two beyond measure.  And we could not be more excited to see the two of you declare your love in front of family and friends and officially start your life together.  Your love for each other is beautiful.  And inspiring.  And we could not be more blessed to have the two of you in our lives.  We love you.  We can't wait for next month!!!!!

1 comment: