Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My girl-hood and beauty beyond words

It's hard to be a girl.
There are standards set for us and those we make up ourselves that are unattainable.
And oftentimes, silly.
And for a variety of reasons, we are left to wonder if we're enough.
And we are left thinking we are not.
And that we are not beautiful because ___________.
We are most often our toughest critics.
Most of my teenage years were spent lamenting what I saw staring back at me in the mirror.
I said horrid words to that girl in the mirror.
Pinocchio-esque nose.
Cow.
Fat.
Ugly.
But you know the truth?
I didn't see the real me.
I couldn't.
Sometimes I think it's good to stop an really see yourself. 
And how beautiful that is.
Not in comparison to others.  But just on your own.
And I think that's why I love what I do.  People get to see the real them.  And that is beautiful.

So today, I share with you two beauties.  I'm guessing since they've been to the grocery store and been in the checkout line that shouts loudly, "find fault with yourself," they may have shared some moments like I've had.
But I think we can all see today that there is nothing but beauty going on.
And a HECK of a lot of it.
And were you to know those two?  You'd keep them forever.
It's what I want to do.

Catherine, you're a part of my family.  You are an extension of us.  And as I contemplate the all too real fact that you will be in Peru in about a month, my heart longs to lock you in my house and keep you here so I can enjoy more moments with you.  And chai tea lattes...  But you are a gift to the world that needs to be shared.
And precious Rebecca, oh my goodness.  When you asked if we'd adopt some sophomore girls next year, my heart leapt and my insides did a happy dance.  Why?  Because you're precious.  I've always known it.  And I cannot wait to hopefully spend more time with you.
Thank you ladies for putting your beauty in front of my camera.  I was blown away.

They're surprising her mom with pictures, since it's been years.  Their dad played football back in the day, so we headed down there for some fun...


I guess this was Catherine's favorite pose at 4 years old.  I LOVED it.

Yes, they are that gorgeous.

I had to give a shoe shout-out


And this is why they are ridiculously cool...  Well, one reason why.

Like I mentioned, this beautiful lady is headed to Peru all too soon.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Rebecca...you are stunning.  Just sayin'.

Warning: ridiculous amounts of gorgeous ahead.  Prepare for your jaw to drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment