Sunday, January 10, 2010

Leah...

I have a friend named Leah. Though Leah and I don't know each other well - here is what I do know... She's beautiful, inside and out. She is captivating. She leans in during conversations in such a way as to take every part of the other person's story in. She loves God in this beautiful and inspiring way. She loves people deeply and she has always been willing to put everything else on hold for someone in need. Leah is a member of my church.
A few months ago, Leah headed out to Darjeeling, India to set up a coffee shop of sorts in that area to help women in need. To hear her talk about her dreams, her plans and her intentions was inspiring. Just listening to her share with our church left me inspired, humbled and desperately wanting to live life in that same kind of beautiful way. When Leah left, she first headed to Germany to visit some friends.
Through a difficult chain of health issues, she found that her body is consumed with tumors. Her body is filled with tumors in her lungs, on her spine and in her abdomen. Right now, she is on tons of medication, she is lethargic, and she is holding on to life.
Here's where I need your help. Would you pray for my friend? Even just while you're brushing your teeth... Pray for her family and pray for her healing.
Secondly, if you are interested in doing pictures, I am about to run a "Leah special." You see, Leah would really like to get back to Chicago and be with her family right now, but with flight costs and such, there are a lot of costs ahead for her family... So, I figure, I've got a camera and I've got great clients and I'll just put it all out there... If you book a session for this month, 75% of that session fee will go straight into a fund for Leah and her family to use for flights, meals or whatever they need. My normal rate is $200 for a session, so each time you're donating $150 to get her help. And as a thank you, I will be giving those clients a coupon for ordering their prints.
Also, if you so choose, you can simply donate to the family as well. I'll have that information coming soon...
Thanks for even thinking about this. And thank you for praying. Again, I have the greatest friends ever. I'm blessed. And I'm just hoping to share some of that...


Here's a picture of a little someone who reminds me just how blessed I am on a daily basis...

No comments:

Post a Comment