Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Just because

Today we ate ice cream.
After lunch.
Why?
Because life is short.
And I'm learning that there is beauty in being a parent that desires to teach and keep their kids in line.  But not every moment is a teaching moment. And sometimes - just doing something fun, something out of the ordinary and loving every second is the best lesson I can leave with my kids no matter what sugar high induced behavior may greet me later.
And the ice cream was really good.

PS:  My mom is doing better.  Thank you to everyone who has prayed for her, left me incredibly kind comments and just been so gracious.  You all rock.

PPS:  The ice cream?  Americone Dream by Ben and Jerry's.  Sooooooo good.  Check it out.

PPPS:  There are so many pictures and blog posts coming your way this week you may be overwhelmed.  "You" being my mom and anyone else that might check this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment